Monday, October 29, 2012


October 29, 2012

(bit from my journaling)

First day of schools closed as a teacher!!! Though I wish it weren't due to an east coast hurricane. 

This morning I am reminded of the many blessings in my days as I watch the rain fall. 
We are all scattered in the midst of this storm, yet I feel so intricately connected.
From my dear friend nestled in Haiti with sixty some others in the hovering of a shelter,
To my little munchkins curled up, maybe even with a good book? in the arms of ma's and pa's 
who fight the storm with strong words of comfort, just like mine did, and still do,
To the scattered and networked friends of prayer I have spoiled but grateful access to through the internet,
To the One whose hands are all over this seemingly mess. 

I sit here with iced coffee, a challenging read, reminiscent pictures, a bundle of conference forms and envelopes ready to be filled with reminders of love. All to the tune of some of this, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INiITvrKIIc&feature=related

In my devotions this crested morning, I was reminded of a truth I often let slip away.

He was. And is. And is to come.

What hope comes alive in the windows of our past, climbs directly in to our now moments and presses contagiously into our tomorrow. 

As the storm approaches and people 'prepare', I am spoiled by the arms of safety that welcome me. 
The many homes that have my nomadic spine and restless feet. 
I age into the day, beautifully I am learning, and am content in the abundance of love I may run to, and most importantly now, into The Arms of Rest I choose. 

with hands learning to love,
M

No comments:

Post a Comment