Monday, July 23, 2012

But Miss Emmy...

Friday at work, today at work, and most days at work,
the children I am with try me and my spirit,
but boy do they build up my soul.


I can truly say that I love who they are,
unique sons and daughters of some amazing Maker,
and the ones that I learn from each day.


So many times throughout the day I hear,


"But Miss Emmy" with heavy sighs and eye rolls and sometimes, snaps.
"That's deep Ms. M, that's deep"
"Why ya gotta be so mean"
"Oh my gosh, you're ruining my life"
and my favorite,
"That's trifling"


(from 6-11 year olds)


But more times throughout the day I get
hugs that light up my day, little girls calling me beautiful, questions seven feet under surface, stories opened wide and bug eyes that make me melt.


And they build my faith and light that hope even when stress balls and reminders of His love are totally needed.








"Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength, They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."
-Isaiah 40:30-31


Have a lovely evening,
M





No comments:

Post a Comment